If you're a subscriber to Gardens Illustrated you'll already be enjoying our December issue. If you're not (latest subscriptions offer here by the way...) then – good news – our latest edition is available in all good news stores from today.
Here comes winter, and while the days are darker and colder, our gardens can still offer a multitude of pleasures. This month we delve into the season with some wonderful winter gardens.
Created over many years by its dedicated owners, Hunworth Hall in Norfolk is proof of how valuable a strong structure can be in the colder months. While The Winter Garden at Wakehurst, West Sussex provides bright, welcome colour from flaming stems and winter-flowering shrubs.
Discover the delicate decorations crafted by artist Olga Prinku, made from dried flowers and foraged finds.
In our Plantsman’s Favourite’s feature, Hunting Brook’s Jimi Blake chooses his ten favourite plants for December and where to find them.
This month’s plant profile recommends the best trees that will five pollinating insects a helping hand.
And – of course – we can’t complete a December issue without a fabulous round-up of great Christmas gifts for gardeners.
Get our very latest subscriptions offer
Choose your added extra– The Garden Book worth £39.95 or Garden Trading bundle worth £34
- £45.40 every 13 issues by Direct Debit, saving 30% off the shop price
- The perfect Christmas gift for friends or family that lasts all year
- Never miss an issue of your favourite magazine - free UK delivery direct to your door
Daniel Griffiths is a veteran journalist who has worked on some of the biggest home and entertainment brands in the world. He is a serial house-renovator and home improvement expert, taking on everything from interior design and DIY to landscape gardening and garden design.
Special Christmas offer- Save over 50% when you subscribe
Special subscription offer:
- Save 51%- £34.99 every 13 issues by Direct Debit
- The perfect Christmas gift for friends, family or to keep for yourself!
- Never miss an issue of your favourite magazine
- Free UK delivery- direct to your door *Available to UK residents only