One of the best things about the Isle of Wight is that it gives you the feeling of getting away from it all, without actually having to go that far. It’s an island full of variety, where you can be as active as you want or do as little as you like. And, although it feels a million miles away, Wightlink can get you there in no time.
Once you’ve savoured your pick of the delightful gardens jostling for your attention, there are beautiful landscapes waiting to be enjoyed – around half of the Isle of Wight is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Get outdoors in the sunshine, kick through the leaves in autumn, embrace the frosts of winter, idle on the beach or have all of the views to yourself in the quieter months.
You can walk cliff-top paths, hunt for red squirrels (they’re the only colour the island does!), explore the island’s dinosaur connections and discover exactly why Lonely Planet called it the best place to cycle in the world. And on top of all this, thanks to its strong environmental values and innovation, the Isle of Wight is now one of seven biosphere reserves in the UK.
Exclusive Gardens Illustrated Reader Offer
Gardens Illustrated readers can book ferry travel to the Isle of Wight with Wightlink and save 25% on tickets for foot passengers or 20% on tickets for cars.
Terms and conditions
• Offer valid on bookings made up to 12 July 2021, for travel from 18 May 2021 to 12 July 2021.
• Standard Wightlink terms and conditions apply; please click here for details.
• This offer is valid for Gardens Illustrated readers.
• The reader must be in the vehicle or foot group when travelling.
• Wightlink reserves the right to change or remove this offer.