This is a salad that you can enjoy all summer and into the autumn. The recipe was given to me by my friend Perry Rodriguez, Great Dixter’s estate manager, and he in turn got it from his mother Aida.
You may also like
It’s light enough to share with those who don’t want anything heavy, but still satisfying enough to make you feel like you have eaten well. It’s also ideal for when friends decide to stay longer than expected, as it can turn a few ‘things in cans’ from the larder into something really delicious.
- New potatoes 1kg, Chopped or halved, depending on size
- Canned tuna in olive oil 400g, Broken into bite-size pieces
- Canned anchovy fillets (about 10) 25g, Shredded
- Thick spring onions 4-5, Sliced
- Green beans or asparagus (optional) Handful, Cooked and chopped
- Hard-boiled eggs 2-3, Sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil Drizzle
- Red wine vinegar Drizzle
- Salt and pepper