Gardens Illustrated Magazine September 2022
Discover what is in this month's issue of Gardens Illustrated
If you’re a subscriber to Gardens Illustrated you may already be enjoying our September issue. If not (latest subscriptions offer here by the way…) then – good news – our latest edition will also be available in all good newsagents very soon.
Don't miss our Niwaki gift for subscribers this month: see below for details.
This month – September Issue 2022
In this issue:
Summer's last hurrah
- The September issue of Gardens Illustrated features gardens that are open to doing things differently. At a vineyard in Kent, designer Marian Boswall has created a sustainable garden reusing as many of the site’s materials as possible, while a family garden by Miria Harris expertly forges a link between a Victorian villa and its contemporary additions.
- Inspired by Gertrude Jekyll, Richard Hartlage has created an imaginative garden in New England, while in a small city courtyard in Cambridge, Colm Joseph has used a bold but pared back palette of materials and plants.
- The owner of a Cotswold garden continually learns from her ever-evolving planting schemes, while in East Sussex, a passion for propagation led to the creation of a nursery business.
- Three top designers have given us plans for creating bulb meadows – long-season schemes that will reappear year after year.
- Plant expert John Grimshaw advises on growing elegant and colourful Hesperantha.
- Head gardener Jenny Barnes creates three container displays to see out summer.
- Alys Fowler gives advice on supporting our soil through winter
- Our new columnist Alice Vincent muses on the need to continually edit a garden.
Claim your Niwaki bundle worth £70
When you subscribe to Gardens Illustrated today
Special subscription offer:
- Claim your Niwaki bundle worth £70
- Save 20%- £57.20 every 13 issues by Direct Debit
- Never miss an issue of your favourite magazine
- Free UK delivery- direct to your door
*This offer is only available to UK residents paying by annual Direct Debit. Niwaki products are subject to availability and an alternative product may be sent. Your subscription will start with the next available issue, your product will be sent separately within 28 days of cleared payment.