If you’re a subscriber to Gardens Illustrated you may already be enjoying our July issue. If not (latest subscriptions offer here by the way…) then – good news – our latest edition will also be available in all good newsagents.
This month – August Issue 2022
In this issue:
Small Gardens Issue
- The August issue of Gardens Illustrated is a Small Garden special. We feature five very different spaces, complete with garden plans and the designer’s tips. They include a tricky, shady corner plot designed with entertaining (and pollinators) in mind; a long, thin city garden that now feels fabulously abundant and lush, and a low maintenance, woodland-inspired space that is packed with clever design ideas.
- There’s also a seaside garden in Suffolk, filled with plants that can withstand strong North Sea winds, sandy soil and salty air, and an evergreen, jungle-style space that was inspired by memories of Kerala.
- On a larger scale, we visit a coastal plot filled with ornamental grasses and a colourful Dutch garden influenced by the work of legendary 20th century designer Mien Ruys, and get a designer’s advice on an Australian family garden designed with sustainability and water saving in mind.
- We also focus on the beauty of abutilons, highlight the plants that are at their best in August, and advise on what to sow, grow and pick now.
- Not forgetting the second instalment of the back-page musings of our new columnist, Alice Vincent.
Veronica Peerless is a trained horticulturalist and garden designer.
Summer sale! 3 issues for £5
Try 3 issues of Gardens Illustrated today for just £5.
Subscribe today and enjoy beautiful places, top planting ideas and expert advice for your garden.
*Offer ends 1st September 2022. This offer is only available to UK residents paying by Direct Debit.
Container Gardening Special Edition
The Gardens Illustrated Guide to Container Gardening.
In this special edition, discover colourful flower combinations and seasonal planting schemes for pots designed by leading plantspeople, and essential know-how for container gardening success.
Just £9.99 inc UK p&p