Hemerocallis, also known as daylilies, make wonderful garden plants. They are easy to grow and maintain, providing fresh green foliage from as early as February and flowering throughout June, July and August. Woottens of Wenhaston has been growing Hemerocallis since 2004 and now houses one of the biggest collections in the UK comprising over 600 different varieties. For spring 2020 the nursery has put together these special selections especially for Gardens Illustrated readers, offering both reliable colour and plants of particular interest.
You may also like
- A Japanese garden holiday with Gardens Illustrated
- Reader offer: Crocus bulbs, plants and seeds
- Reader offer: free bag of wool compost with every Dalefoot Composts order
Plants are field grown and lifted as needed throughout the year allowing them to be planted all year round, although Woottens recommends that the prime times are in spring and autumn.
Each collection offers three, chunky bare-root plants at a 25% discount (plus p&p). Make your choice from the collection options shown. Plants will be supplied in strong bare-root clumps with detailed care instructions. P&P is charged at £3.50 per offer (Royal Mail), and£6.50 for more than one offer, or the combined offer (courier).
Collection 1: Spider & Unusual
£19 plus p&p (code SpiderGI20) Hemerocallis ‘Giddy Go Round’, ‘Taj Mahal’ and ‘Tennessee Flycatcher’.
Collection 2: Red Forms
Collection 3: Eye Pattern
Collection 4: Traditional Yellows
COMBINED COLLECTION Choose all the plants – that’s 12 bare-root plants for £50, saving you a further £10. (code CombinedGI20)
How to order
• By phone 01502 478258, quoting the code for the collection(s) you would like.
• Online at woottensplants.com. Click on the Special Offers tab to find these options.
• By post please include details of the collection you would like, your name and address, telephone, or email and a cheque made payable to Woottens of Wenhaston Ltd. Send your order to: Woottens of Wenhaston, The Iris Field, Hall Road, Wenhaston, Suffolk IP19 9HF. Offer closes 31 March 2020. Orders dispatched from 1 March.
*Offer available while stocks last. Available to mainland UK only. Cultivars may be substituted depending on availability.
• Go to woottensplants.com for details of all of Woottens’ plants. Hemerocallis Fields open for viewing in July and August.