Easy natural Christmas star decorations
Create your own quick natural handmade Christmas decorations with these simple but pretty stars made from twigs and evergreens
If you want to make natural handmade Christmas decorations from your garden that are quick and easy, but high impact, this straightforward step-by-step Christmas star make is simple and looks great. All you need is a few twigs and some evergreens collected from outdoors, some ribbon and glue, and you can have unique, homemade but beautiful natural decorations for your home this festive season.
Materials you need to make Christmas stars
- 3 x 20cm lichen-covered twigs
- 6 butcher's broom sprigs (Ruscus aculeatus) or other evergreen sprigs
- 30cm length of 3mm ribbon
- glue stick
- glue gun
To make the Christmas stars
- To make the stars, place three lichen-covered twigs across each other to form a star.
- Tie together at the centre with wire, leaving a long end for a loop to hand the stars up with.
- Add a spot of hot glue to the centre, and stick six sprays of butcher's broom leaves to radiate out between the twigs.
- Bind the centre with thin ribbon.
For more Christmas makes ideas and inspiration, head to our Christmas hub
13 issues for £30 when you subscribe
Subscribe to Gardens Illustrated magazine and receive your first 13 issues for £30!
Transform your Garden- Special Edition
Transform Your Garden
This special edition features advice on designing your garden from the world’s top garden designers, including top tips for redesigning your plot or creating a new garden from scratch.
Discover eight inspirational gardens in town and country, and beautiful planting ideas for year-round colour. Learn how to make the most of a small space, how to cope with a slope, and the ten most common mistakes people make, according to professional garden designers, and how to avoid them.
Enjoy insights on everything from paths and parking spaces to wildflowers and water features, so that you can be confident in starting to create the garden of your dreams.
Just £9.99 inc UK p&p
Gardens of the Globe
From botanical wonders in Australia to tranquil havens closer to home in Ireland, let this guide help you to discover some of the most glorious gardens around the world